Sunday, November 3, 2013

Day of the Dead at Hollywood Forever Cemetery

I LOVE this event and I look forward to it every year. There are some reeeeally talented people there and they show it with their paintings, sculptures, hairclips, tshirts, altars and many other things that you'll find there.


 I made 3 hairclips with roses and added them to my hair. Ofcourse I had to add a little skull to atleast one of them and then I added my Grandmother's pearl necklace too.

Black, white & pink face paint.
Pink shimmery nails with a sugar skull ring finger on the left and a cross with flowers on the right ring finger.
 
My Skeleton Jacket & the map for the event
Some of the altars are simple and even hard to see at night because they only have a few candles lighting them up. Others are way out there with paper mache statues, black lights and all sorts of stuff, but big or small, they are all created with lots of love, for very special people that are no longer with us. This year I even noticed they had a couple in honor of their dogs and THAT is soooo nice because some of us love our doggies so much.



  
Look y'all! It's sweet little TOTO!!!! Aaaaw...Toto.  

I love this one because most grandmas are the best and they do represent family. My grandmother helped my mom raise me since I was a few months old so I will forever be grateful to her. She means the world to me. She's also the glue of our family because sadly but true, we probably wouldn't even get together during the holidays if she wasn't with us. Everyone and their immediate families would probably just make their own plans for birthdays and holidays so thank God Gramy is still around to bring us together atleast twice a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment