Friday, August 2, 2013

Fried Chicken & Black Russian! Mmmm...

OMG!!! Let me tell you about MP's Soul Food Eatery located in North Hollywood. I was craving something comforting so I looked online to see if I could find local soul food and Im soooo glad I found this place. Here's what I tried so far:

Fried Chicken- it was so crispy without being greasy and disgusting. It also didn't have a pepper taste over powering it. It was pure goodness. 

Black Russian Cake- I was sitting there minding my own business when the chef came over and asked me if I had ever had a Black Russian and I said no I havent and he said "how can you say you've never had one with a straight face?" and he left. Oops! I dunno =/  Then he came back with a small, right out of the oven, warm slice so I can try it. Whoooooaaa!!! So strong with vodka and kahlua. It was REALLY good. I don't think I can handle a normal size slice of it or I'd end up hasta las chanclas, drunk as can be.

I can't wait for my grandma to try it! Definitely, worth trying. Try it, try it...yum yum.

Mac n Cheese & Potato Salad were my sides and they were really good too. Mac n cheese was creamy and the potato salad also didn't have tons of pepper as others do.

Banana Pudding Pie...a bit sweet, but really good.

Cornbread Muffins- I don't do corn breads and stuff, but I tried theirs and they were good so I ate one with butter.

The service was great and everyone there was very friendly so I'm definitely going back for more fried chicken! woop. woop!

I love this place. As soon as you go in, it feels like you're going into someone's kitchen and there's all kinds of nice people cooking for you.

The downside... it's so tiny! Definitely, a good idea to make reservations. It was fun and I can't wait to go back.

Oh! and they serve your drinks in little mason jars and they serve Kool-aid!!!! Whaaaaat?!?!?!?!
Miss Peaches, you sure know how to be "Kool"!




No comments:

Post a Comment