Saturday, September 21, 2013

Recipe#1 - Garbanzos? Tuna?

Hellooooo!

Ok, so I believe that when you cook or bake, it's really important to feel good and put all that good energy into what you're making...and I'm feeling alot better...I once again feel the good energy so I will start trying out new recipes when I can.

The first recipe is something they call mock tuna or something like that I saw online. It looks like tuna salad but its made with garbanzos instead. I really like this recipe because you can pretty much add what you want and as much as you want, depending on your taste.

-15oz can of garbanzos
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of finely chopped onion (optional & to taste)
- Celery, chopped (optional & to taste)
- 1/2 Carrot, grated (optional & to taste)
- Corn, from a can (optional & to taste)
- Peas, from a can (optional & to taste)
- Salt & Pepper (optional & to taste)

1. Rinse the garbanzos (chickpeas) well & remove the weird little skin thingies on them by rubbing them with your hands while washing in a colander. (I had never made anything with garbanzos so I didn't even know they had that skin on them!)

2. In a bowl, smash the garbanzos with a potato masher or a fork to whatever texture you prefer.

3. Add the vegetables to the bowl and mix a little, then add the mayo and mix well until all the ingredients are well combined.

4. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.

5. Enjoy with crackers or tostadas.

I can't have any hot sauce, but I bet it would taste so good if you added tapatio to it or maybe even a bit of jalapeno juice.

I think next time, I will just use a small can of mixed vegetables and again I will serve them with Ritz crackers. So yummy!  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment