Saturday, January 4, 2014

Cold Pasta Salad

In a large bowl add all of the following to taste:

- 8 oz. cooked whole wheat pasta (I used less)
- Grated Carrots
- Diced tomatoes or cherry tomatoes (if you use cherry tomatoes, salad gets less soggy and lasts longer in refrigerator)
- Diced Cucumbers (same as tomatoes, you can put them in a separate container and add to servings)
- Black olives, sliced
- Celery, diced
- Broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- Cheese Cubes
- Chicken, shredded (I didn't add any to my salad since my brother is avoiding meat this month)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil and a squirt of lemon or Italian Dressing (to taste ofcourse)

Mix well until all the ingredients are coated with the oil (dressing), chill it if you want and then enjoy!

If your refrigerate, it still tastes good 2-3 days after. I would always add a bit of grated parmesan on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment