Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Happy Belated National Hot Dog Day!!!

I heard on tv that it was National Hot Dog Day so I wanted to celebrate it by eating hot dogs. First, I thought of having a small hot dog bar, but I kinda had that for a previous celebration I had for my mom so I wanted to do something different, but had no idea what. Then on a morning show, they showed a place in downtown that sells exotic hot dogs made of crocodiles, rattle snakes, rabbit and more! That's a bit TOO crazy for me, but thats where I got the idea to see what else I could find nearby and not too crazy. I found a place in North Hollywood that was perfect.

The place is called Vicious Dogs and it has many hot dog combinations. I had a bacon wrapped dog topped with mustard, chopped french fries, grilled bell pepper and onions. Along with that, I ordered some garlic fries and they were deeeeeeeellllllliiiiiicious!!! I couldn't stopped eating them! everything was so good and it didn't feel greasy like hot dogs and garlic fries usually are but I did get full quick and wasn't able to finish my fries. I was stuffed and couldn't take one more bite of my hot dog either so I left about 2 more bites.

I really wanted to try other combinations like:

The Mac Daddy- its a bacon wrapped dog topped with mac n' cheese!
Dogitos- 2 Hot Dogs,each wrapped in a corn tortilla and deep fried,with a side of sour cream & guacamole.
The Peanut Butter Dog- Bacon wrapped topped with a sliced banana and honey. You can also add strawberry jelly or chocolate candy pieces! hmmmm....interesting.

Mary got a veggie dog which I thought was awesome that they thought of vegetarians, especially in a hot dog place. The girl behind the counter told her their veggie dogs are made of soy so she ordered  a Sweet and Spicy and was topped with a sweet and spicy chili glaze, grilled onions and bell peppers. She liked it.

I defenitely want to go back and try something different to go with my garlic fries! because those I will order every time. soooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment