Saturday, October 19, 2013

Brother's Bday Fun...

Ok so I missed the screening at the park of Ghostbusters and the ectomobiles BUT I went to the California Science Center and the Natural History Museum! How fun is that?! Helloooo?! Alot of fun! They were playing different 3D films and we got tickets to the Butterflies movie and when they say 3D, they mean 3D! The butterflies looked like they were right infront of my face and if I looked at the row in front of me, it looked like the butterflies were going inside some old little guy's ear! Then, they'd coming out of the other ear (according to my brother). silly. It looked so nice and it's interesting how the monarch butterflies migrate from Canada to Mexico. Please don't capture the butterflies people! just let them be and fly to their destination...it's like a huuuuge butterfly family reunion. It's amazing! Beautiful.

Anyway, so we looked and played with stuff in both museums and even took pictures with the Endeavour space shuttle. Then, we headed over to a place called: Mercado La Paloma and had some really good food! like REEEEALLY good food! We weren't even done eating and we were already planning to go back with more people so they can also try all the yummy food.


Most of the foods had names that we can't even pronounce so I will just say what they are instead of the name they had on the menu...


My brother ordered a pork plate
 
My mom ordered, a chicken plate. It was covered in a really good sauce, but can't even guess what the ingredients in it were. I just know it was really good. 

For me the best part is that none of their plates are spicy, but they do give you an habanero and habanero sauce on the side. My brother couldn't get enough of that sauce even though it was really spicy. He just had to bring some of it home so he bought a bottle of it...


 Ooooh! and he ordered this green swamp juice looking thing. He liked it, but I didn't. It tasted like someone blended grass and water....eeew! The flan he ordered after the dinner was sweet and creamy, really good.
I ordered dessert from a place across (its like a food court so alot of places to eat). I got an ice cream called "Beso de Angel". I just had to order it after reading the name. I pictured it white with coconut flakes and some glitter like a beautiful Angel, but that wasn't the case. haha. It had walnuts, carrots, mamey and I forgot what else. It wasn't creamy and I can mainly taste mamey and carrots. Interesting flavor, but I liked it and would order it again. On their menu, they had "Roses" ice cream! don't think I'd try that one. I imagine it tasting like perfume. No thanks! definitely, not curious to try it. 

We all had a good time and it was nice to spend time together...love you guys. Happy Birthday Brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment