Saturday, October 5, 2013

Viva el Mole, Sweet Corn & Fright Nights...

Sunday, October 6, 2013- Its Mole Time at Placita Olvera! Every year, they have a mole festival where they have live music and lots of food, especially different types of mole! I've never been to it, but it sounds like so much fun. I can't even have mole but I love these types of cultural events and even though I'm not Mexican, I love to see latinos getting together and enjoying themselves. I also love when people that aren't Latinos attend these events because it probably means that they are interested in our culture and there is nothing sweeter than making them feel welcomed around us...that's really cool. I'm sure there will be all types of people from different nationalities and I can NOT wait!

This is the flyer I found online, but if you need more information or you need to verify the event, you can check out the Placita Olvera's website.


Movies I've watched in the past few days for my Fright Nights:
- Shutter =) =) {I didn't like what they uncovered towards the end because I find it a bit silly, but overall, I did enjoy the movie}

-Myrtles Plantation videos on youtube by different people. =) The 1st one I watched was from apage2turn1 and I like how she told the story. Some people go off to another topic or get a bit TOO dramatic or drag on, but she didn't. Thanks! Other users on there also have videos about the history of Myrtles Plantation and its interesting. Now, I want to visit! but I would not want to sleep there after the stories I heard. I'm skurrrd!  

-Ghost Hunters videos: Season 8-Part 1 =)

-Sleepy Hollow =) =) It's funnydark, creepy and I love their costumes especially the dress with black and whites stripes! niiice.

- Hasta El Viento Tiene Miedo - =) I really like this movie, but to me, "mas negro que la noche" is a bit creepier.

-Sweeney Todd =( =( WHAT in the freaking heck?!?! No. 

Oh! and I do the countdown for fresh roasted corn at the Pierce College Harvest Festival like I do the countdown for a McRib EVERY year so finally today I went to Pierce College and ate some roasted corn!mmmmm.....soooo sweet! I top it with mayo, parmesan cheese and a couple of lemon squirts! But ofcourse they have different toppings for different tastes. I can't wait to go back and have more corn on the cob!

I think they have 2 haunted houses, a maze, a scary corn field trail, and a few other things, but I didn't go into any of the scares. I only went to walk around the pumpkin patch and for my corn, but I did see that they called the ambulance to attend to someone, but I don't know if it was someone that got too scared inside "Insane Reaction" or it was because of something else. Either way, I hope theyre doing ok. I remember one time, years ago, I ran up a wall at the queen mary's haunt and I'm glad I ran up the wall, rather than running into the wall because the ship is pure metal! Ouch! =/  









No comments:

Post a Comment